Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11-special edition

it is well with my soul

“when peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
it is well, it is well, with my soul.”


remembering those who lost their lives on this day, 10 years ago. and ever thankful for the hero’s on that day, and today. thank you to the men and women who risk their lives day-in and day-out, for me. my heart goes out to the families who still suffer the loss of a loved one.

we sang “it is well with my soul” in church, this morning, and it seemed appropriate to post this song on my blog, today, as the song goes on to say, “when sorrows like sea billows roll; whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well, with my soul.” though life hands us sorrows, and trials, we should press on and remember that “it is well with my soul”. He will bring us out of it, and if we rely on Him then things will work out. maybe not as we would like, but He has the ultimate plan.

and He had the Ultimate plan on this day 10 years ago. He knew what He was doing. maybe it was to bring this Nation closer together, to make people question and then turn to Him? we will never know until that day, when we can ask face-to-face. so, for now, remember these lyrics to the famous hymn, “it is well with my soul.”

1 comment:

  1. http://www.pcpc.org/ministries/singles/singledout.php

    read this and thought you would enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics